Saturday, March 12, 2011

Because Christmas isn't busy enough.....

My new friend Brandie needed her wedding dress altered for a summer wedding and asked if I could do it.  She asked Labor Day weekend.  Of course I said sure.  Then the wedding day changed to December 28th.  So, from Thanksgiving 'til nearly Christmas the wedding dress transformation took place. I wish I had a couple more pictures - like with Brandie in the dress -  but I don't so here are the ones I have.
This is a picture of the front before the alteration.  The dress fit great except that it was made for a bustier woman.  She found it at a Salvation Army store in Nebraska for a killer of a price.



I wish I would have remembered to take a picture before this one.  First I took ALL of the lace and beads off the front of the dress.  They sewed them on as though no one would ever take them off - because after all, who would have guessed that the groom would stand the bride up at the alter.  So, it took a while to get that all off and then I forgot to take the picture - but there is the picture when I got the lace back on.

Here it is partially done

I was able to place the lace like a jig saw puzzle back on and sew it with the machine - then the beads and sparkle went back on by hand.

Here is a close up of the front when it was finished.


Here is the back when it was done.  It was too low, so I inserted this new piece.

Brandie's mom couldn't tell that it was altered (except that now it fit her) - so I figured I must've got it right.  It went out the door on December 22nd and then Charles and I got Christmas together.  Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment